AlgoSec Review

During extreme load in business hours, it works well without any issues

What is our primary use case?

We are using Firewall Analyzer (AFA) to compare configurations from multiple firewalls, such as Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Check Point, and so on. It helps us to streamline our firewall rules, identify risks, and provide better visibility. This product has significantly saved the time and human efforts in creating and deploying firewall rules. It is now easier for our cybersecurity team to analyze firewalls rules and ACLs, using them in a more efficient manner. Other features are also very important for us.

How has it helped my organization?

With the help of this product, we can manage all the network security equipment in a centralized way. We are also able to make requests to our security team about quick and valid changes requests, helping to minimize the workload in documentation, troubleshooting and so on. This helps to identify any wrong or unnecessary changes in the network security perimeter, making sure that all security policies and best practices are followed in our network domain. During change implementation, and especially after completion, we can validate, make sure that everything is working fine, and is up-to-date per our expectations.

What is most valuable?

It’s capability to build and present entire network topology via map makes team members to easily investigate the entire domain. Whenever new applications and services get on boarded and traffic rules and policies being created it automatically discovered those Apps and services and makes life easy. Each and every performance report can be fully automated using this and saves time in audit and compliance requirement.It also helps us to clean old and obsolete rules or those rules which are not in use otherwise it could be very difficult without this product as team have to log into each firewall and remove rules and policies

What needs improvement?

We are running multiple hybrid cloud solutions, working with cloud providers, and looking for API integrations with cloud and related interoperability. Sometimes, when we are trying to delete or disable any rule, it takes more time than expected.

Sometimes, the web browser has issues with slowness. It can be worked out with a click or two.

We are using Algosec Firewall Analyzer referred to as (AFA) since 2018.

This is very stable, robust product. During extreme load in business hours, it works well without any issues.

It provides interoperability with all vendor firewalls and the scalability is much easier.

Technical support is always good whenever we contact the support team. We always get an immediate response and a solution within defined timelines.

Earlier we are not using any solution but always planning to procure solution that have ability to integrate multi vendor firewalls into single platform and after assessments and evaluations with OEM products we finally select Algosec as approved solution.

Initial setup was very simple. Using Quickstart help, any member can take part in deployment and administration from basic to advanced level.

Only the firewall integration could take time due to some complex interactions.

We implemented using our own internal team and with the help of AlgoSec technical support team. AlgoSec technical support was excellent and prompt.

It provides an improvement in the firewall process load. It also helps with increasing CPU and memory utilization.

When it comes to the cost of support and licensing, it is much cheaper than other competing products.

We have tried FireMon and Tufin under a non-production environment, but the overall features of AlgoSec were best. Therefore, we choose this product for our production environment.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent product to use and has tremendous support from OEM.

We have not faced many problems or issues using this product.

We also have not tested AI or ML capabilities and are very keen to start working with it now.

Overall, it is well-maintained, robust platform tool for firewall management.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More AlgoSec reviews from users