AlgoSec Review

More visibility into our firewall and security environment using a single pane of glass

What is our primary use case?

We use it daily to check existing rules created on all our firewalls and existing flows that are allowed, and if we can improve the performance of our firewalls by just doing the rearrangement of rules, etc.

We got more productive and agile using the product since the most time consuming job of our team is the creation of firewall rules, analyzing what is already created based on the requests of our users and internal costumers. The solution provides us an in-depth detail of what we have already in production and what we can do to resolve tickets/requests in the most effective way.

How has it helped my organization?

We now have more visibility into our firewall and security environment using a single pane of glass. We have a better audit of what our network and security engineers are doing on each device and are now able to see how much we are complaint with our baseline.

The product gave us more agility in the process to analyze and resolve tickets by requesting permissions to access services not enabled by default. At the same time, providing visibility of what we can improve on the scenario that we are already running on it.

What is most valuable?

The quick wins that the product can help us to achieve. With a few rule arrangements, we can improve the rule processing of the firewalls, increasing their performance and reducing possible bottlenecks, but keep us under the defined baseline of the company.

Also, the gain on the agility of checking what we already have created. The rules that can accommodate new requests instead of creating new rules have definitely helped us to resolve tickets in a faster way, achieving the expected SLA from users and internal customers of the company.

What needs improvement?

The product should support more vendors with the same in-depth analysis that it already is providing. This would give more reasons to for other companies to adopt it and make us preserve the investment in case we change the running environment.

Five months.

It is very stable without any major issues.

We don't see scalability on this product as a showstopper. We are confident that we can grow without any impact.

Very good. They helped us on everything that we needed.

We stopped using FireMon due to the price and lack of features.

Through a vendor who fulfilled all our expectations.

It is fair.

For cloud environments, it can be expensive. The model adopted to use as licensing for the cloud environment should be reviewed since it sometimes can increase the value of the service/product in an unexpected way. For example, they should instead use the amount of instances, which should just take into consideration the number of Security Groups and ACLs.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.