Arcserve UDP Review

It's good software that is doing the work of restoring that we need.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is for backup and restoring. We use it for our VMware solutions and also our physical machines. It's good software that is helping us with our restoring.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are that I can by just one click, copy and paste anything that I would want. I do not have to restore the whole virtual machine. I can just right-click, open it in Arcserve view, and copy anything I want to add to the production. This is very easy and simple. And, the restore function is very fast. This is a huge benefit. The backup is also very short.

What needs improvement?

Every time I change the disc, I have to do a full backup. But, we were serviced for this, and it appears to not be doing this anymore.

More than five years.

It is very stable. It has not crashed for us. And, every time that we needed to restore something, we had it. We could restore very fast.

I like the scalability of the solution. It seems OK.

We use technical support by a local provider that is very good.

I was not involved with the initial setup of the solution, my manager was in charge of that for our organization.

I do not work with the pricing or licensing issue of the solution for our organization.

What other advice do I have?

Before choosing a solution, I always consider the stability and whether it is doing the work and restoring that it is supposed to do.