Arcserve UDP Review

Added security through encryption and password protection, but speed of snapshot-level backup needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider company, and I work with vendors to find products for my customers. This is one of the solutions that we provide and have customers working with.

This solution is used to perform backups of servers, including information from the cloud.

We have experience with the on-premises and hybrid-cloud deployment models, including Microsoft Azure cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the replication to the cloud and the deduplication.

The encryption and password protection options are very good.

What needs improvement?

Taking a snapshot level backup with this solution is very slow compared to other products. The speed of this needs to be improved.

In the most recent version of premium plus the replication has been removed, and it should re-added to the solution. It is a big selling point.

It would be nice to have more features included with the ransomware protection.

The interface needs to be more user-friendly.

We have been using this solution for three years.

The stability of this solution is good.

Scalability of this solution depends on the licensing.

Technical support for this solution is very good.

We used to provide Veeam Backup, as well as Acronis. The pricing for continuous replication is higher than for this solution.

This initial setup of this solution is straightforward. The deployment takes two days, maximum. One person can handle the deployment and maintenance.

We perform the deployment of this solution for our customers.

Normally our customers purchase the premium plus license, rather than the standard one, which provides more options.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution because it offers multiple hybrid options. The same product can support local backup, cloud backup, and backup a server to the cloud as well. It is a complete portfolio available in a single product. When comparing to other products, all of the options are available.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.