Automic Workload Automation Review

Its benefit is time. When you have the automation going, it just runs.

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for batch automation and protection. We can control and check it, which is the main thing. When the batches must be run, we need a perfect system for it to run. It must run 24 hours, seven days a week, with no interruptions.

How has it helped my organization?

Its benefit is time. When you have the automation going, it just runs. We have no problems with any of the automation.

We have costs for an Oracle database, and it is a high cost. However, we think we can do this on a Windows database, which is cheaper. We will do this the next few years, so it will be better.

We have long-time planning and forecasts. In the forecasts, we can change our workloads in the future to save us any problems. Whether it is three days or three weeks, we will regularly change our processes if that is our problem. Therefore, we can do a long time planning, if necessary.

What is most valuable?

The features of the calendar are the most valuable, then the scripting. With the scripting, we can script all things, which is a first. As far as our schedules, if we have problems, we can create our own process in the automation, which is good.

What needs improvement?

The forecast and long-term planning could be made a little better when you work with it in the future.

More than five years.

At the moment, the stability is good. We are experiencing a technical problem with the system, in regards to the VPN, which we hope will be fixed in the next few years.

We can expand it. We have products and software in the firm, and we do the risk management. Risk management from Atomic could be in the next year, and this will be a difficult change for us and the product which we run at the moment.

We have used technical support in the last three months. They are good. If we have problems, we can get an answer in three hours. Support is very fast.

The initial setup was complicated and difficult.

It has helped us reduce costs.

Compared to our other products, it is a good price.

We evaluate vendors every year to see if it is possible to change. We look everywhere.

We have had Atomic since 2005. It was the only software with scheduling on the mainframe for clients.

What other advice do I have?

Look at it and test it, because it is a very good product.