Automic Workload Automation Review
It is perfect to work with for a lot of job loads. Some of the usual features, like calendar details, are now not there.

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case is to automate our SAP job workflows and all the job workflows that we work with. Thus, to get better performance in our company by automating everything that we are working on. So far, it has been working well.

How has it helped my organization?

It is easy to learn, but hard to master. If you have been working for years with this product, it is easy to understand the whole product and work with the needs that we have. Therefore, it offers a lot of things that we require. So, it is really good.

Automic is perfect to work with for a lot of job loads. It is perfectly done to combine the needs that we need. Therefore, it is a good solution for our requirements.

What is most valuable?

We are able to combine job scripting on the server and automation engine on the GUI. Therefore, we are capable to work in SAP and on the servers, then file transfer the whole product line, which Automic offers.

What needs improvement?

Some of the usual features are now not there, for example: For calendar details, in versions before, you could see it because it was a different color or different letter. Now, it is all similar icons, and some features are marking more objects than just one, which is making it not possible to see anymore. There are some features which were basic and are now gone. I heard that they are coming back. So, I hope it will get better.

I would like the transport case to be in a new feature. This way, you can stage objects to be more flexible and with easy automation. Right now, it is not that easy to transport some things automatically. Thus, it would be nice if these were some of the features which will be offered as part of the critical path which is coming. It would be nice to set our own critical paths, so these workflows can be critical because there are some important workflows running. This is critical for us, but it would also be nice.

Right now, it is decent. The new version is sort of a downgrade because some features that we need are gone. The version before was more stable than the current one because we are having some problems with the performance. Therefore, I hope the next version(s) will be better again. However, right now, it is not as good as it used to be.

Scalability is good for us. We are growing, so this is perfect for us. It is easy to scale. So, it is good.

We work with a partner who offers technical support.

If the company is big, use Automic because you are able to automate things more easily.

If the company is smaller, use Control-M. The understanding of it is easier than Automic, because it offers more. So, if you are smaller and don't need such overload, use something else, like Control-M.

What other advice do I have?

The version before was overloaded because if opened various windows, it was not easy to understand if you were new to the product. The newest version is easier to understand. However, right now, the performance is not as good as it used to be and some features are gone. There are still improvements needed. It is decent, and there are good ideas, but there are still improvements needed.