BigFix Review

Our upgrades are much more refined than the manual processes we did before

What is our primary use case?

We use it for patching our AIX servers and we also use it for deploying and up keeping our Tivoli workload scheduler application.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been able to fully automate our TWS installs, to the point where a user requests it and we don't do anything. Also, our upgrades are much more refined than the manual processes we did before.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the ability to manage TWS, the relevance is really what sets it apart. Also, using it as a software deployment tool is the key for us.

What needs improvement?

I'm looking for them to make big web UI improvements.

Stability is very good. We've had very little downtime.

Scalability is very good. We're a smaller client in the BigFix realm. We're 4,500 clients around just the servers but it's very good for us.

Technical support has been good. When IBM first took over it was kind of rocky but in the last few years, it's definitely improved.

The initial setup was very straight forward and very easy to set up.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten. It's very useful, very powerful, and you can do a lot with it.

I would tell a colleague who's considering this solution to check it out, it's great.