BMC Remedyforce Review

It has quickly become our go-to for managing all documentation related to IPCM

What is our primary use case?

BMC Remedyforce is our incident/problem/change management system which manages all client reported issues full circle from the first call incident reporting, managing identified problems, and tracking and approval for all changes going into our production systems. We also use Remedyforce Self Service as our primary (internal) support ticketing system.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to Remedyforce, our company did not have a software package to manage all items related to issues and changes happening in our production environments. Along with a new Change Management Policy, Remedyforce quickly became our go-to for managing all documentation related to IPCM.

What is most valuable?

There are many advantages that we have found with Remedyforce, one of which is the record linking functionality. This allows us to look back at (for example) a previous release of our software to view everything that happened during that release. The record linking shows us all of the changes that were implemented during that release, what clients were affected, related incidents and problem records, and important documentation that occurred along the way.

What needs improvement?

In the background, there are limitations with what the automation can/cannot do (i.e., flows will error after looping through a 100 records). With a complex system that contains sometimes 100s of linking records, this causes issues with current workflows that we wish were not limited.

Personally, I thought the setup was somewhat complex. That may be due to our company's various workflows that we needed to take into consideration, but it seems that between *Flows *Process Builder and *Validation Rules", they were tough for us to wrap our heads around as it seemed there were three ways to do the same thing.

Both. We had a consultant work with our project team on the build and implementation. Our in-house expert knew more than our consultant did, which got to be very frustrating when the consultant would not listen to our suggestions (he didn't listen very well).

BMC Remedyforce is extremely reasonable when talking about licensing costs.  For an entire IPCM system and Self Service ticketing system, you can't get much better.

If our company did, I was not employed here at that time.

1 Comment
author avatarJeremiah P
User

I'm a fan, and it's getting better every year.