BMC Remedyforce Review

Good interface, good customization, and very stable

What is most valuable?

The interface and customization are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The solution's business workforce should be much more capable of drag and drop functionality. The solution could be kind-of UI based rather than still being coding based. You still need an administrator profile, and you'll have to code things if you want to use the solution.

The solution should introduce more AI and more automation. It would be an overall benefit to the product as a whole.

I've been using the solution for the past three years.

The solution is stable. Right now, the solution is quite customized. Upgrading will take a bit of planning on our part.

In terms of scalability because of our own existing infrastructure and our own unique support model, it's bit difficult. It's a challenge we're facing currently. Right now, we're wondering if we should continue with this solution or move over to ServiceNow, which may make scalability easier for us. ServiceNow is on the cloud. We're looking at options and whether we need to move onto the Helix platform before moving everything into BMC ITS and then migrate back and move all of the integrations to Diago.

Currently, we have in the ballpark of 5,000 users.

We've been satisfied with technical support. We haven't come across any bottlenecks in the service provided.

The solution was a bit complex to set up. For us, we needed a legacy tool integration. It was not about the tool itself. Since we hold a legacy system, we have to manage it and getting integrated with those legacy systems was a major coup for us. It still took us a long time to integrate everything. We had more than 20 in all, in terms of legacy systems. We wanted to integrate all of these into one platform, and the ticketing platform was BMC Remedy.

We had a partner that assisted us with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I am an internal auditor, so I cannot reveal much information in terms of my current organization's structure.

I'd strongly recommend the solution to others. I'd rate it nine out of ten.