BotFarm Review

Its scalability and portability are the most valuable, and it has helped us with process integrity and reduction of human errors and manual effort

What is our primary use case?

We have basically automated business operations and IT operation processes that require human intervention. These processes are also very repetitive and have chances of error. We have developed bots for such tasks, and as per our needs, we are scaling them up by using BotFarm. We have a hybrid deployment comprising Azure cloud and on-premises deployments.

How has it helped my organization?

The purpose of automation is to reduce the manual effort and number of manual users. BotFarm has helped us to reduce the headcount because there were lots of operational headcounts for manual tasks.

It has also improved operational efficiency. Earlier, we were not getting a consistent response for different users. Now, we have standardized responses, and our customers are getting better, error-free, and on-time responses. So, we have achieved process integrity, and we have reduced human errors and manual human effort. These are the three main benefits.

What is most valuable?

BotFarm has been working perfectly fine with our business model. Its scalability is the most valuable feature. We can easily scale out bots on a need basis.

Portability is another valuable feature. We work with different payment systems like Visa and MasterCard and have bots for them. Because of BotFarm, we are able to reuse these bots.

What needs improvement?

The only challenge that we have faced with BotFarm is that there is no continuous deployment. The whole world is moving to the DevOps model, but BotFarm is still not on the DevOps model. It should have integration with the DevOps model. The migration of the bots or bots pipeline is currently purely manual.

I have been using this solution for almost three years.

Based on our usage, it is pretty stable. There are minor hiccups, but they are not because of the product. They are because of the hybrid integration that we have. We are planning to move to version 8, which is a pure cloud model.

Its scalability is very good. We currently have 120 live bots.

We are in partnership with Automation Anywhere, and they are providing us good support. We haven't faced any challenges with them. They are able to help us when we face any technical challenges or need support for upgrades.

It was straightforward. It has the same kind of implementation that any other software has. It wasn't complex.

Automation Anywhere is more reasonable than Blue Prism and UiPath in terms of cost.

We evaluated Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, and UiPath. We chose Automation Anywhere because of the features and the cost. It was more reasonable than Blue Prism and UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to do a thorough discovery and walkthrough of processes and then decide based on what suits their requirements. Sometimes people think that they can go to a pure cloud model, hybrid model, or on-premises model, but they should first identify the requirements and processes. They should go for what is required for their organization's needs. They shouldn't go for BotFarm just because it is good. It should also meet their needs.

I would rate BotFarm an eight out of ten. It is a good and evolving technology, and it can be very helpful for different business operations. I have good words for Automation Anywhere and BotFarm.

More BotFarm reviews from users
    ...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
    ...who compared it with UiPath
    Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
    523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.