What is BotFarm?
BotFarm is the first and only enterprise-grade platform for Bots On Demand. Scale your workforce capacity by deploying bots anywhere in the world with a single click. Create, deploy and manage thousands of bots in an instant to meet demand spikes. BotFarm delivers on-demand RPA with scalability, elasticity, resilience – designed for the enterprise.
BotFarm Buyer's Guide
Download the BotFarm Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021
BotFarm CustomersCisco, CocaCola Bottlers Japan, Macy's, Whirlpool, Unilever
What users are saying about BotFarm pricing:
- "I think payment can vary but it's a re-occurring fee that needs to be paid every year."
- "An unattended bot license costs around $5,000, whereas an attended bot license costs roughly $1,500."
- "Automation Anywhere is more reasonable than Blue Prism and UiPath in terms of cost."
- "Pricing for this solution can be better."
- "Our licensing costs are approximately $3,000 USD annually."
- "We pay approximately $15,000 USD per year."
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Solutions Architect at PureSoftware Ltd
Real UserTop 20
Aug 6, 2020
Good customer support but some technical issues need to be addressed
What is our primary use case?I have used BotFarm to automate web applications and Microsoft products. I have also automated mainframe applications for a healthcare product. I automated around five to six processes for them. All together I have automated more than fifteen processes with this solution that we have deployed in-house.
Pros and Cons
- "Automation Anywhere provides a very flexible UI."
- "Sometimes I feel like it doesn't work properly and we are not able to provide the dexterity needed."
What other advice do I have?It’s hard to give any advice without seeing the project you are working with. If you want to purchase any RPA tool, then I’d have to check the project or your process so that I can identify the requirement and I can see which product will completely fulfill your requirement. Make sure to choose your solution based completely on the project you wish to automate. In other words, I can’t give you any direct answer. If you’re automating a web application, then I would use UiPath. If you’re also automating their applications but you have to automate PDFs as well, then I would definitely choose…
Manager Technical Solutions Architect at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 3, 2021
Its scalability and portability are the most valuable, and it has helped us with process integrity and reduction of human errors and manual effort
What is our primary use case?We have basically automated business operations and IT operation processes that require human intervention. These processes are also very repetitive and have chances of error. We have developed bots for such tasks, and as per our needs, we are scaling them up by using BotFarm. We have a hybrid deployment comprising Azure cloud and on-premises deployments.
Pros and Cons
- "BotFarm has been working perfectly fine with our business model. Its scalability is the most valuable feature. We can easily scale out bots on a need basis. Portability is another valuable feature. We work with different payment systems like Visa and MasterCard and have bots for them. Because of BotFarm, we are able to reuse these bots."
- "The only challenge that we have faced with BotFarm is that there is no continuous deployment. The whole world is moving to the DevOps model, but BotFarm is still not on the DevOps model. It should have integration with the DevOps model. The migration of the bots or bots pipeline is currently purely manual."
What other advice do I have?I would advise others to do a thorough discovery and walkthrough of processes and then decide based on what suits their requirements. Sometimes people think that they can go to a pure cloud model, hybrid model, or on-premises model, but they should first identify the requirements and processes. They should go for what is required for their organization's needs. They shouldn't go for BotFarm just because it is good. It should also meet their needs. I would rate BotFarm an eight out of ten. It is a good and evolving technology, and it can be very helpful for different business operations. I have…
Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Principal Consultant at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Dec 30, 2019
Good backend system structure but the governance system is missing and the pricing could be improved
What is our primary use case?At this time, we have used BotFarm but our implementation is not in a state that can be consumed and used by anyone. To this point, we have not found the value that we expected from this solution. We have multiple client-server installations. The majority of our deployments are on-premises, although one of them is cloud-based. Our primary use cases are across multiple industries including support functions for finance and IT.
Pros and Cons
- "The entire backend system structure is something that I found really valuable."
- "I would like to have access to self-service support."
What other advice do I have?I am hoping that once the entire concept of 2019 BotFarm is released, they will have a proper structure of monetization in place. We are hoping that the bots would be much more value-driven rather than just showcase capabilities. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to understand the scalability, number one. They need to know what they are looking for. Then, user requirements are important. We've tried the lifecycle of the bots for research and we've found that you need to align it and integrate it with the insights from the performance engine, which is behind the scenes…
Deputy General Manager - IT at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
Dec 11, 2020
Good dashboards and analytics with an easy initial setup
What is our primary use case?We primarily have different use cases within finance and HR as well as in IT operations.
Pros and Cons
- "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
- "We have connectivity and integration with pretty much every single tech stack across the table that we have in the world, and there are a few areas that they don't do that well yet. I'd be looking for some improvement there, in terms of their integration with certain products."
What other advice do I have?We're just customers. We're using the latest version of the solution right now. I would recommend the solution to other companies if they are looking at an extensive integration across the tech stack within their organization. I would advise that if a company seriously considers the product, that they speak really clearly with Automation Anywhere. They need to ensure that their company will have the support they need, and if they do, they should consider proceeding. Overall, we've been happy with the solution. I would rate it at a nine out of ten.
Stable, great at removing manual work, and has good technical support
What is our primary use case?We are technically using it for the retail and the businesses that we have. We use it in the finance operations for the retail business, where the invoices are processed and updated in the ERP system.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution is very stable. We don't have issues with bugs or glitches."
- "It would be ideal if the solution offered more language options, such as Arabic."
What other advice do I have?We're business partners with Automation Anywhere. In our factory, we do not work hands-on on the development tasks or the day-to-day activity. I tend to supervise and manage the RPA programs. I'd recommend the solution. It's a good application, and it's a stable one. As a company, if you feel that your ROI is pretty high and with Automation Anywhere you are able to achieve the desired ROI that you are looking for, then I would definitely say Automation Anywhere is a very good solution to adopt. Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
Sr. Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Real UserTop 10
Jan 26, 2020
Has good screen capture and tight integration with Outlook features
What is our primary use case?We used the solution primarily for reconciliations. As a service, it requires matching the debit and credit information for the fund, so it's basically a combination of a custom-built application, integrating with Outlook and with Excel. It functions on the Windows 10 platform.
Pros and Cons
- "From a solution standpoint, screen capture and tight integration with Outlook are valuable features."
- "I would definitely be wanting to see OCR features for improving the solution."
What other advice do I have?From a technical standpoint, you need to be careful with the UI application. There might be issues with it in cases where object recognition is going to be tougher. I would definitely look at what the UI interface needs in order to be automated from a UI perspective. Be careful with what you choose. I would rate this product a nine out of 10.
Senior Vice President at Inspira Enterprise
Real UserTop 5
Jan 30, 2020
User-friendly with a web-based interface that is platform independent
What is our primary use case?We have some processes in HR and finance that we are automating. Examples of this are finding bills and then creating bonus reports for employees. Another example is invoice processing.
Pros and Cons
- "The ability to drag and drop various components and the customizability are good features."
- "I would like to be able to access BotForm using a mobile app."
What other advice do I have?This is a product that I recommend and we will be moving to the cloud version in the future. My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to first check your prerequisites in terms of hardware and system requirements that are needed for the installation. This is important. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Technical Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 4, 2020
Good PDF extraction and emailing capabilities, with responsible and helpful support
What is our primary use case?We use BotForm for predicting the suppliers for a particular client. There are multiple suppliers and we have to find the ones who are coming under the Middle Market and Public Labor Department. There are some criteria, and we use that together with the Bot to trace all of the PDF documents and webpages to see if there are any suppliers in those categories.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable features are PDF extraction and emailing."
- "When somebody is just learning this product it can be difficult for them to understand, so improvements to the user interface would be helpful."
What other advice do I have?We pay approximately $15,000 USD per year.
See 11 more BotFarm Reviews
Product CategoriesRobotic Process Automation (RPA)
Download our free BotFarm Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- When evaluating Robotic Process Automation, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- What is the best RPA certification?
- RPA that Bots can run without centralized control?
- How should I calculate ROI for RPA? How should I measure RPA success?
- What are the limitations of RPA?
- What are the total costs involved for attended and unattended robots?
- Which is the best RPA solution for integration with chatbots?
- What is the difference between RPA and intelligent automation (IA)?
- Which is the best RPA solution for performance testing automation?
- What are some RPA security risks to be aware of?