BotFarm Review

Has good screen capture and tight integration with Outlook features

What is our primary use case?

We used the solution primarily for reconciliations. As a service, it requires matching the debit and credit information for the fund, so it's basically a combination of a custom-built application, integrating with Outlook and with Excel. It functions on the Windows 10 platform.

What is most valuable?

From a solution standpoint, screen capture and tight integration with Outlook are valuable features. We tried the same TOC with Blue Prism but it was more complicated.

What needs improvement?

From a simplified perspective, in terms of improvement, we use the bot for the maker position, not for the checker. It's about how well the bot can be utilized. For now, it's not utilized 24/7 because only business clients use it. I would definitely be wanting to see OCR features for improving the solution.

A human brain can easily distinguish between red and blue by looking at the screen. If there's an easy way for the bot to differentiate between the colors without being sequential that would be great.

More integrations with third-party applications would be a great additional feature.

We've been using BotFarm for the past 18 months.

It's a stable solution.

The solution is definitely scalable. The bot is not utilized. We need more business sponsorship to make sure that we can have more projects with bots. We have close to 50 bots in production. And you can just scale it up to what is required. We have between 25-30 projects in the pipeline that we can carry out using Automation Anywhere.

I've been in touch with Automation Anywhere technical support. They've been handy. And they're pretty good when it comes to helping us. I'm satisfied.

We previously used another solution but it was not a fully automated process solution. It required a lot of manual intervention.

I am aware of the initial setup process - we set it up ourselves. It's pretty straightforward. I don't think there's any complexity in the architecture from a UI point of view, sometimes there are slight differences but the setup is straightforward.

We carried out the deployment by ourselves. We also had the robotics process monitoring team setup nearby. The assistance we required related more to the documenting and business process flows.

We evaluated other tools like WorkFusion.

What other advice do I have?

From a technical standpoint, you need to be careful with the UI application. There might be issues with it in cases where object recognition is going to be tougher. I would definitely look at what the UI interface needs in order to be automated from a UI perspective. Be careful with what you choose.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

More BotFarm reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)