BotFarm Review

User-friendly with a web-based interface that is platform independent

What is our primary use case?

We have some processes in HR and finance that we are automating. Examples of this are finding bills and then creating bonus reports for employees. Another example is invoice processing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the user-friendliness.

The ability to drag and drop various components and the customizability are good features.

The web interface that was introduced in the recent version helps because you are not dependent on any particular system. You can just open it on the website and work on the application.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to access BotForm using a mobile app.

I think that customization can be further improved.

IQ Bot, used by BotFarm, needs to be improved with respect to being able to read handwritten documents using the OCR. An example of this is reading signatures.

We have been using BotFarm for the past year.

BotFarm is relatively stable.

This solution is easy to scale. We have four people who are using it on an occasional basis. It is usually run weekly or bi-weekly. This usage will increase as we include more processes.

We have not been in touch with technical support since the installation.

We did not use another RPA solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was of medium complexity. I would say it took us some time to get started because we had to first satisfy the hardware requires such as RAM. It took at least a week to install and deploy because our system was not compliant with the requirements, and necessitated upgrading it first.

We did the implementation ourselves, although we sought some help from Automation Anywhere. We had some consultation over the phone.

There are a couple of developers here who were working on it during the installation, but one person is sufficient to maintain it. Either a developer or an engineer can take care of the maintenance.

Our licensing costs are approximately $3,000 USD annually. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We also evaluated UiPath, but ultimately chose to use Automation Anywhere and BotFarm.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend and we will be moving to the cloud version in the future.

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to first check your prerequisites in terms of hardware and system requirements that are needed for the installation. This is important.

More BotFarm reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)