Broadcom Service Virtualization Review

Feature-rich, easy to configure and set up, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We mark up several APIs from web servers, JMS, and MQ Services with this solution. We use it to support our performance testing. Some of the virtual services that have been built by this solution will support somewhere around 2000 to 3000GPS perfectly.

What is most valuable?

There are several areas that are easily configurable. A person, without having a lot of development experience, should be able to perform most of the functions.

There are many different features available to build services with adequate response times, recording of visitors.

What needs improvement?

Because I have not compared it with other toolsets, I don't have a lot of insight. The only area that I can think of at the moment is the building of automated APA test cases. Based on your services, this is an area that requires improvement.

I would like to have more flexibility towards the mainframe virtualization and also in JDBC virtualization.

I have been working with Broadcom Service Virtualization, CA Dev Test CA Service Virtualization, hands-on for the last ten years.

We are using the latest version of this solution.

We have a closed set of people in our organization who are using this product.

This solution has been consumed by a wide variety of projects.

We have approximately 30 users who are using it.

We have great support, even though we do not have an enterprise agreement.

In terms of stability and scalability, if we have had any issues, we have great support.

With support, it depends on the level. If it is level one, you can call. If it is level two, they will issue a support ticket and it will be addressed within 8 to 12 hours.

Tier three and tier four is knowledge-based, and you are referred to their portal, and also communities.

We can look into it and search for customers with similar issues, and they have detailed solutions.

If you are not able to resolve your issue then the support team will assist you with your issue.

Previously, we were not using any other tools.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We did not use a vendor or reseller. We completed the implementation in-house.

I don't have the exact dollar amount, but we have spent close to $1,000,000 for a three-year agreement, for an enterprise level.

Any number of people can use it, and it has three performance inputs and any number of functional servers.

We have been comparing it with other tools.

Broadcom is expensive when compared to other open-source or low-cost toolsets.

We have been doing the feasibility with other low-cost tools and the use cases that were supported with Broadcom were not supported by ReadyAPI. This is why we chose to go with Broadcom Service Virtualization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Broadcom Service virtualization a nine out of ten.

10.6
More Broadcom Service Virtualization reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Broadcom Service Virtualization. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,249 professionals have used our research since 2012.