Broadcom Service Virtualization Review

Allows us to focus on just the system under test. It's still very complex to use.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that it allows us to focus on just the system under test. We can remove of all the dependent requirements from the system.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to implement an Agile Shift Left development paradigm so that we can start testing things before all the pieces of are completed.

What needs improvement?

I think the biggest improvement can come in usability. It's still very complex to use. Also, we've found a fair number of bugs, but CA always resolves them.

I would say it's been mostly stable. We did have a problem related to a service one of our teams was running that was not working properly. But, we don’t yet know what the root cause was.

It's scaled to meet all of our needs so far.

Technical support has been good. They're responsive to our requests.

All our teams were using their own solutions. We wanted something more universal.

Initial setup was straight forward. It was an easy install.

We also looked at Parasoft, but we thought that CA met our vendor requirements more closely.

When choosing a vendor, the most important criteria is whether we can have a long-term partnership with them. Obviously, cost is also an important factor, as well as software reliability. We also look at the future road map for the product.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to have a group that really learns and understands service virtualization well. You can then leverage them for any teams that want to implement SV.

More Broadcom Service Virtualization reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Parasoft, Micro Focus and others in Service Virtualization. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.