Broadcom Service Virtualization Review

We have automated the testing in the Dev and QM spaces.

What is most valuable?

The DevTest Workstation (JMS steps) and CA Service Virtualization are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

By using the DevTest tool, we have successfully automated the testing in the Dev and QM spaces. We have also carried out virtualization of a few systems and intend to apply it on a larger scale in future.

What needs improvement?

There is need to improve the DevTest Workstation with UI-based testing features.

I have used this solution for one year.

It was easy to deploy, as proper documentation and additional support was provided by CA.

The product has been stable and patches have been provided on a regular basis.

The product has scaled to our needs.

The customer service was excellent.

The technical support was excellent.

Previously, we were using Java-based, homegrown tools for our automation processes.

Initial setup was complex, as we were new to the tool and to reach the current scenario, a learning curve in terms of the tool was required.

A PoC was carried out with a CA Service Virtualization technical resource and he met our expectations.

Applying automation using the DevTest Workstation for automation of middleware validation, has decreased manual effort by 40%.

We looked at the HPE UFT software.

What other advice do I have?

You should try to do a PoC and then go through different use cases in order to understand where exactly this tool is applicable in your enterprise.

More Broadcom Service Virtualization reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Parasoft, Micro Focus and others in Service Virtualization. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.