CA Clarity PPM Review

What is our primary use case?

We manage projects, financials, labor actuals, timesheet entry, and cost plans for the entire company.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes the whole lifecycle of project management a lot easier than using legacy systems, which we are retiring every few months because of PPM. We have taken archaic reporting, Excel reporting systems, and are replacing them with PPM functionality in old timesheet entry systems with PPM timesheet entry and labor actuals, which are being calculated directly in PPM.

What is most valuable?

• Timesheet entry
  • Cost plans
  • Calculating labor actuals and financials
  • Forecasting

What needs improvement?

I really like this roadmapping, which is huge. It is like the future of cost plans, making it all Excel-like, grouping and all that fancy stuff.

It is getting better. Once in awhile, PPM will go down. It does not go down very much at all, and now that we have over close to 7,000 users logging in, it has only gone down once in several months. So, it is pretty good.

CA Communities need a lot of improvement. I like the support desk. They try and answer our questions quickly and efficiently, and usually they do a pretty good job. I would give them a B.

I think CA Communities could be greatly improved. I would give them a C minus.

We are On Demand, so CA does the setup.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. I like PPM. I love the fact that it is very flexible. I am the lead engineer with enhancements, development, developing new portlets, anything that has to be added on, and integrating data, such as ETL processing.