CA Clarity PPM Review

We are able to track budgets, and with timesheets, actuals against budgets

What is our primary use case?

Project and portfolio management for our CA PPM. We have traditionally run all of our projects through waterfall, but now we are transitioning to agile. So, we are starting to use CA Agile Central for that, and we are looking at integrations between those two tools.

How has it helped my organization?

Just being able to have everybody to see the work that needs to be done, provide the detail level for the teams, and show the roll-up level for those at the management level.

What is most valuable?

We are able to track budgets, and with timesheets, actuals against budgets.

Resource management: It is our primary use now.

Agile Central is a kind of a scrum tool for the teams to be able to do their work. We are just now starting to leverage the functionality to give a more portfolio view.

What needs improvement?

CA PPM is a mature product. We have used it for years, but we have had some challenges. Maybe it was the way we implemented it.

I do not think I can add anything to Agile Central, because we are new to it. I think we are really just trying to learn and leverage the functionality that is there, so I do not know yet.

I am not aware of any stability issues.

I am not aware of any scalability issues.

We have an internal support team that I would go to first. They would then go to vendor, so I do not have to.

I typically only contact them for education, possibly.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

I think Agile Central is an industry leader in the agile methodology. I would look at it.