CA PPM Review

It helps us track and see projected costs so that we can make decisions and prioritize what projects to take on. Once during a little upgrade we had some issues, but they were typical and resolved.

Valuable Features

We've not been using the tool for long, although we love being able to track the cost per project, initiative, portfolio, and finances.

Improvements to My Organization

It helps us to track costs, and so it's also helpful when we’re planning to see the projected costs so that the company can make decisions and prioritize what projects to take on, and see the "what-if's."

Across strategic initiatives, it's improved what we do, as we did not use to have cost tracking across the company. It used to be based just on going with our gut, so the business didn’t used to track projects. Everything used to be dispersed across departments. Now it’s centralized so it adds to our consistency.

Room for Improvement

We want to get to know the CR functionality. We want to get a better picture of how to incorporate CR into our regular functionality.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for two years.

So far no issues or crashes. Once during a little upgrade we had some issues, but they were typical and resolved.

We haven't had to scale.

I've not personally used tech support. We have internal tech support and they understand it. We use Regal in-house as well.

No, I wasn’t involved in the decision. This is scalable over a home grown solution.

It was already in place when I joined the company.

Other Advice

I would love to see the company teach me more how to actually take advantage of the tool. Know your requirement before using something like this and how it would fit in at the company in terms of the company culture and process. This is one of our struggles – they have, for example, never had to track time.