CA Service Virtualization Review

We analyzed CA, HP & IBM service virtualization and found that CA LISA is more mature and suites our requirement best

Valuable Features

Virtualization and Functional testing.

Improvements to My Organization

The product made a huge impact in the market which includes many solutions which offer virtualization, performance testing, pathfinder, and functional testing. Development and testing became faster. It improved CSR and ROI's for our customers.

Room for Improvement

The product is supported by custom extension coding. On the virtualization front, RIT (IBM) supports more protocols however it's not as user friendly as CA LISA. It would be great to see a new protocol which supports legacy feature.

Use of Solution

3 years

For Virtualization, when the file size is too large (more than 1 GB) it takes more time for deployment and some times the tool hangs. We came up with ant utility to perform the deployment.

Only if the proper system requirements are not followed.

I have found that CA's customer support is good.

I would rate CA's technical support with 4 out of 5 stars.

We weren't previously using another solution but after analyzing various options we directly selected CA LISA.

Setup is straightforward, you just need to follow the installation guide.

Other Solutions Considered

We analyzed the tools on the market including: HP, IBM RIT and CA LISA. Each product has its own merits but we found that CA LISA is more mature and suites our requirement best so we selected it for our service virtualization needs.

Other Advice

It's a good product, try it out.

3 visitors found this review helpful
3 Comments
Database Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employeesConsultant

Hi. Did you face any stability issues while using CA LISA?

Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employeesReal User

My experience with CA LISA was when it was still ITKO.
The issue was that I was not able to use the tool – too complex. Their engineer had to accomplish any/all tasks. Which led me to question the total cost of ownership.

Best Regards,
Chris Steinheiser

Kumar Gaurav JainReal UserTOP 5POPULAR

There are few MQ Native client related issues with LISA. Some of the MQ NC related features are either missing or not well implemented as compared to other tools like GH or RIT. I believe, Its not that good with excel as well and the UI is also not very impressive. But, I think CA has planned to fix all these issues in the upcoming release.