CA Service Virtualization Review

CA LISA is very helpful in replacing the prod back-end with stub responses which can help in testing cycle.

What is most valuable?

Virtualization is very important for me so as to mitigate my dependency on real back-end system and push the QA testing life cycle earlier.

How has it helped my organization?

Especially in QA/Test/Pre prod environment because of rapid changes and non availability, CA LISA is helpful in replacing the back-end with stub responses which can be helpful in pushing the QA life cycle much earlier in the overall development cycle.

What needs improvement?

It's currently very sensitive to app changes/responses & the setup to capture the responses is a bit cumbersome .

3 years

Only some security issues with SSL/RSA.

Setting up the proxy to capture responses for the model.

We didn't encounter any issues with stability.

Right now we're only using it for pre-production so we haven't yet seen how it scales if we use it for production volumes.

Pretty Good.

Good

Ease of use and reliable solution.

It's a bit complex as far as creating the model and then improvising it. Also maintaining the model is cumbersome.

We implemented via a vendor team - their support was good and they had a high level of technical expertise.

ROI is NOT that great since the product license is expensive.

Pricing and Licensing is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Over the past 3 years which I've been using it, I've found it to be a good solution. Only drawback is price, setup & maintenance.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
HenryReal UserTOP REVIEWERTOP 5

Saluting Animesh,

Would you please share more detail on how much LISA could help in replacing the back-end with stub?

Thanks in advance,

Henry

10 July 14
QA Lead at a tech consulting company with 10,001+ employeesReal User

The usage of LISA can be used to replace the back end altogether ONLY caveat is since its a mock which will replace the real back end you cannot rely on the performance numbers BUT for any other troubleshooting/testing its a good solution.

08 September 16