CA Service Virtualization Review

It's easy to script for protocols that CA SV doesn't provide out of the box because the solution provides various ways to do so.

What is most valuable?

• It supports virtualization for different combinations of transport and data protocols.
  • It's easy to script for protocols that CA SV doesn't provide out of the box because it provides various ways to do so. Either by using scriptable data protocol, custom Javascript step or the CA SV SDK feature. CA provides a platform to use existing plus extended features all together.
  • CA SV SDK, fllexibility to extend the tool.

How has it helped my organization?

• One stop solution to remove constraints. It supports most of the protocols used by different industries and they provide support to develop in scenarios where there is an exception.
  • Having this tool as part of the organization gives thought to how individuals can efficiently remove dependencies and reduce time to market.

What needs improvement?

• VSE Console should be more user friendly.
  • Versioning of Virtual Services as well as Projects.

2.5 years

No, but I have tried exploring IBM and HP tools but found that the ease of use, maturity and user friendliness of CA SV can't be compared.