CA Service Virtualization Review

It decreases a lot of bottlenecks when you’re stuck waiting on a downstream service to get done. Only rarely will the enterprise dashboard hang, but rebooting fixes the problem.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is definitely how quickly you can get up and mock something that’s not completely done. It’s very easy and it's extensible. You can add any custom logic that you need.

Improvements to My Organization

It decreases a lot of bottlenecks when you’re stuck waiting on a downstream service to get done. We don’t lose so much time and money on that. With Service Virtualization, we can get rid of all that and develop a UI without waiting on all those. It increases production and decreases lost time.

It has awesome stability, and we haven’t had any problems. Once you get it up and running, it stays up and running. The only thing that happened was that the enterprise dashboard hung up, but rebooting fixed the problem. This has only happened on super rare occasions, only two or three times.

We’re still in the baby steps of implementation, but with the teams we have, we can write one service that multiple teams can use. As we continue to grow, we know we can write one thing that multiple teams can use and it will grow with us.

We have on-site meeting and emails, and they were very professional and responsive, usually within an hour. Our technical account manager helps.

I was not involved initially, but I am involved in upgrades with enterprise dashboard and writing instructions on upgrading client dashboards. I haven’t heard anything bad about initial setup, though.

Other Advice

Nothing can be perfect, but it’s definitely really close. The documentation is awesome, but tutorial-based instructions would be helpful.

We had one of CA’s engineers come on site and work with us for one week and that sped up our use of it more efficiently.