CA Service Virtualization Review

Our developers use it so that they can present a better product to QA. Sometimes by using it, we're able to implement something without even going to QA.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is that it's available 24/7. If I'm not able to procure all the infrastructure and I have to share it, I'm not afraid to share it. It doesn't depend on who else is using it because I know it's available.

Improvements to My Organization

The performance testing guys really depend heavily on us for their volume testing. The developers use Service Virtualization so that they can present a better product to QA. Sometimes by using it, we're able to implement something without even going to QA. We're bypassing QA.

Room for Improvement

For our current needs, it's doing what we need right now, although it should automatically generate tests to further make our development to implementation process more efficient.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two or three years. My colleagues and I inherited it. It was purchased and sitting on the shelf somewhere until we started using it.

We had no issues deploying it.

It's highly stable.

It depend on how much you're willing to spend and how large your company is. We have 5 servers and it's scaled just fine for us. In a presentation I went to, American Airlines has 50 servers and it's scaled just fine for them.

As soon as you drop an email, someone responds.

It's easy to install as there's lots of documentation. Whether it's a small installation, a single server, or multiple servers, it's pretty easy. Again, American Airlines has it deployed on 60 servers. We have only 5.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house ourselves.