CA Service Virtualization Review

Gives visibility into what features are getting released when. We would like more robust dependency management.

What is most valuable?

The biggest value for us was writing all the stories and figuring out what stories are going to get into which sprint. It also helps us with organizing the backlog and dependencies. We've found those features to be useful to us.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of improving the way the organization functions, it gives us lot of visibility into what features are getting released when. It also helps us track across the organization in a much better fashion. I think visibility is the biggest benefit that we got out of implementing CA Service Virtualization.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more robust dependency management. This is the only thing that comes to my mind.

We have not had any issues with stability. I think things have been working fine for us so far.

We've started a little slow. There are just a couple of teams that are using CA Service Virtualization, so we have not really scaled it up for multiple teams across the organization. But within our group, there are like 3 or 4 teams that are using it right now.

We have not used technical support so far. Thankfully, we didn't have to use them.

We did not have any previous solutions, but our organization was moving towards this. We evaluated a few products and CA seemed to be a good option that will fit all of our needs.

I was not involved in the initial setup, but there was somebody in my team that was involved. I don't think we encountered a lot of issues or challenges as such. We had to, of course, pull some experts from CA as well just to get their ideas on how we're supposed to set up, how things work, and what are best practices. Other than that, the first couple of sprints we had to learn and tweak a little bit as part of our retrospectives. Otherwise it's been pretty much okay.

We had Pivotal Tracker and probably a couple of other vendors as well. I don't remember their names. We went with CA Service Virtualization due to the user interface. We found it to be more intuitive than the others. We felt that it can probably scale up to the needs of what we have within the organization in terms of integrating with the rest of the ecosystem.

What other advice do I have?

Potential users need to clearly know what they want, how they want to implement it, and how they want to use it. Then, once they have clarity, they can figure out how they want to set up the solution and go from there.