CA Service Virtualization Review

We can view the flow in the model. It has enabled us to give client demos even when environments are not available.

What is most valuable?

The ease with which we can create virtual services and view the flow in the model are valuable features of this product.

How has it helped my organization?

CA Service Virtualization has enabled us to give the client demos in a very effective manner even when the environment is not available. It has also enabled us to shift-left.

What needs improvement?

There should be an option to search a transaction that is VSI based through a transaction number. It would really be a great addition.

I have been using this tool for three and half years now.

Stability issues do arise if there is not enough system memory.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The technical support is good. I would give it a 8/10 rating.

The initial setup was quite straightforward because the steps to install and configure were clear.

Pricing is a bit on the higher side. Owing to its high cost, proper business justification needs to be provided to the client, if this tool is to be proposed.

We evaluated another solution, SoapUI NG Pro.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others to use CA Service Virtualization for all their virtualization needs as it is easy to use and the support provided via the CA Communities is also great.