CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

I definitely enjoy the interface and how easy it is to deploy monitoring rules and probes.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided us with faster triage. It is easier to upgrade and work with. It makes my job easier. If I can do my job better, then the organization should benefit.

What needs improvement?

I would really like to see HTML5. I spoke with a couple of developers about it. I'd also like to see additional monitoring so we can push rules a little bit easier.

I haven't had too many opportunities to expand. We set it up such that I can expand in parallel quite easily. We haven't had the need to do so yet, but I imagine it would work out.

I have used technical support. They are great. I usually interact with them by the web portal, submit a ticket, and then I get a call back. My issues are almost always resolved by them.

We used eHealth, which was another CA product. We noticed that UIM was getting a lot more development than eHealth. UIM was kind of a future product. We spoke with our account representative, and we did a one-to-one swap for licenses.

I was absolutely involved in the setup. I had prior experience with a product similar to UIM, so I was very familiar with the architecture. From that aspect, it was easy.

It is definitely a different architecture than other CA products that we are using. I can see where somebody without this experience would find the setup a little bit complex. For me, I grasped the concepts easier.

What other advice do I have?

I enjoy the product. It has done everything that we expected it to do.

When selecting a vendor, the most important aspect is that their goals are aligned with our goals. I look for a relationship that is symbiotic. I want them to understand that when we do well, they do well.