CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

Alarm management capabilities, extensible architecture and the hub queues configuration are some of the reasons we like this solution.

What is most valuable?

Almost all the features are interesting, but the most valuable ones are:

• Infrastructure monitoring (agent/agentless) covering networks, servers, databases, applications, virtual platforms, and a cloud environment
  • Alarm management capabilities
  • Hub queues configuration (SSL, post alarms and metrics, etc.)
  • Powerful UMP portal (especially for dashboards and reporting)
  • Extensible architecture

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided insight on almost all our information system components/layers using a single unified solution.

What needs improvement?

Product stability and performance, especially in Linux environments needs to be improved.

I've used it for six months, mainly through testing it in a big bank context with a clustered architect.

No issues encountered.

There were some issues in displaying metrics in a large environment.

No issues encountered.

Excellent.

We already used v7, but we upgraded to the latest version because of the new enhancement described in the product release notes.

It's a complex setup based on clustering and failover. We defined a primary and secondary NMS and hubs.

The implementation has been done through a third-party team including product experts (neither the vendor or an in-house team).

We did evaluate other products,

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: CA Partner