Cassandra Review

Excellent for technical evaluation and managing very large amounts of data

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is developing software for others and it's really a solution for enterprise size companies. We're like integrators and we have numerous technical partners that implement. We have a partnership with the company, implementing the service on projects. I'm a managing director of the company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the technical evaluation, it's the best technology. Cassandra is good for us.

What needs improvement?

The interface could definitely be improved. It's a technical database and for me the features are not user friendly. I also think it's quite an expensive solution and I hope over time with more implementations, this will improve.

I've been using this solution for two years.

This solution is stable.

This is a scalable solution.

From what I know, customer support is fine.

The initial setup is a little complex and each time we use a specialist for deployment. It depends on the nature of the implementation as to how long deployment takes.

What other advice do I have?

We don't use this solution like a common database. It's really for people using big data, BI and other analytic software. You need to have the right use case to take this product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.