Cisco Umbrella Review

Easy user interface, offers good protection against malicious websites, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and Cisco Umbrella is one of the products that we sell to our customers. We offer it as a managed service provider. This product provides security for remote workers and it helps to improve enterprise security in a very easy way.

It is mainly used for remote workers and for people that live outside the enterprise premises. It gives them security while they are on the road.

How has it helped my organization?

Because our clients' end-users are mainly on the road, it is very easy for them to get infected and lose information. After we installed the Cisco Umbrella solution, importantly, they have reduced the number of infected cases per month.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the website protection capabilities because it prevents end-users from entering bad sites that potentially have malware or could be used for phishing. Ultimately, it helps users avoid the wrong sites.

It is very easy to integrate.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more intelligence built into Umbrella.

In the future, they should combine some of the Cisco AMP features that they already have, for anti-malware purposes.

We have been working with Cisco Umbrella for more than two years.

This is a very stable product and helps to improve the security posture of the enterprise.

We have clients that range in size from small to large-sized organizations.

Cisco's support is very good and, in fact, one of the best.

Because the product is very easy to use and very stable, we have not had to rely on support from the documentation or the community.

The initial setup is quite straightforward and easy, and the deployment can be completed in a matter of days. You deploy the agent to Active Directory, for all of the installations, and you're done.

We deploy this solution for our clients because we sell it as a managed service.

Outside of the United States, we have issues with the exchange rate that increases the cost.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product works smoothly and perfectly.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Umbrella reviews from users
...who compared it with Zscaler Internet Access
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Umbrella. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.