ConnectWise Control Review

We are able to embed it in our web page with browser-dependent instructions

What is our primary use case?

We use it for remote support for ad-hoc clients. We have contract clients as well but we use SolarWinds for those, as an RMM dashboard. We have ConnectWise as a type of backup option and for clients on whose systems we don't have our monitoring agent installed. We only have one license which we share, as a backup, there are just three of us. It's not the primary software that we use.

We do use two ConnectWise extensions, one called Remove Thumbnail Preview and another one called Report Manager.

How has it helped my organization?

We switched over from LogMeIn Rescue, which was okay but became very expensive. ConnectWise is our backup method. We don't use it as much as we do our RMM software and remote support, but it has definitely really helped in terms of speed and ease.

We like the fact that on our website we can have the ConnectWise bit embedded, and it has instructions for the end-user about what they need to do. Previously, on LogMeIn, we used to have to almost talk them through everything: "Click here, and if you're using Chrome look here, if you're using Firefox look there." But ConnectWise has step-by-step instructions, depending on the browser.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use is really good. In addition, obviously, uptime - making sure it's online and working for when we need it. The interface is very good and, overall, it is a really pleasant experience.

What needs improvement?

Reporting could definitely use improvement. With LogMeIn Rescue, I used to be able to, for instance, at the end of the month, pull off a report of every session. It was very simple, very easy, I could see the name that was typed in, the IP address of the computer that it was connected to, if it was running Windows, how long the session was, when it started, when it finished, how long the person was active for, etc. I could also go back over any period of time, so I could say, "Okay, in February last year, how many support sessions did we do?" And I could break it down for a client.

It just doesn't seem - there might be but I haven't found it - to be a way of pulling that information out of this product. ConnectWise doesn't seem to be anywhere near any of that functionality, that I'm aware of.

No stability issues at all.

No scalability issues at all. We're only a small team.

We used LogMeIn Rescue but it got expensive. As I say, it was our backup software, and we only used it for ad-hoc clients who would call out of the blue. And we were paying almost 100 pounds a month for one license. Some months we'd only get a few calls and we would already have to try and make up a 100 pounds worth of fees. Whereas with ConnectWise, we're paying about 30 or 40, so it's a big saving.

I found the initial setup fairly straightforward.

I feel the product's pricing is a good value for ScreenConnect.

We looked at the standalone version of SolarWinds, MSP Anyware, and we looked at another but I don't remember which one. I did evaluate a few. We trialed MSP Anyware but we preferred ConnectWise.

What other advice do I have?

Go with the cloud version, rather than the on-premise. You don't have to have your own equipment. It is nice that it is looked after, it's in the cloud. We've had no problems with it.

I would rate ConnectWise at eight out of 10, just because it is lacking in the reporting functionality, being able to find out, for instance, what remote connections were made two weeks ago or last month, for auditing purposes. I don't seem to be able to do that at the moment. I haven't investigated it too much but I just don't seem to be able to have the same reporting functionalities we had in LogMeIn Rescue.