DocStar ECM Review
It has the flexibility to span across multiple departments, improving, for example, accounts-payable automation and contract management.
What is most valuable?
- Ease of use
- Flexibility to span across multiple departments
How has it helped my organization?
- A/P Automation
- H/R On boarding
- Client/Vendor File Management
- Contract Management
What needs improvement?
- Not designed well for high-volume batch capture
- Does not display the images during the scanning process, so QC is always a post process
For how long have I used the solution?
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
Premise Eclipse requires you to have the 2012 platform.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We've experienced a couple of outages on Eclipse sites.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
- The entry point if you start from scratch is cost effective.
- If you have to import legacy data this becomes a lot more involved and costly.
- Based on the license model can get expensive when compared to other comparable solutions.
How are customer service and technical support?
8/10. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
- We are a VAR for several content management solutions.
- Each solution has a unique value proposition, it depends on the client’s specific needs as to which is the best long term value.
How was the initial setup?
They do a great job with their on-line training sessions for Eclipse which aids in the deployment.
What about the implementation team?
We generally work with a project manager on our side and then work with each department head as the system scales out.
What was our ROI?
- We have some very compelling case studies with a very positive ROI.
- There are several good applications on the market so it comes down to a trusted advisor (vendor) and how it is rolled out.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
- Smaller offices can start from a couple hundred dollars per month.
- Larger enterprise solutions will cost much more depending on workflow needed, integration and number of users.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
- We constantly look at the market and evaluate the solutions available.
- feel we have best of breed technologies that can address the majority of clients out of the box, with very little professional services
What other advice do I have?
- Identify internal champion to be accountable during deployment to insure project follow through
- Do not over engineer, start simple and then begin to automate processes
- Look at the life cycle: origin of document or data, touch points, workflow and retention
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a VAR.
Last updated: Aug 24 2017
More DocStar ECM reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Epicor, Microsoft, Laserfiche and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: February 2021.
465,836 professionals have used our research since 2012.