DX Infrastructure Manager Review
CA UIM Solution is very easy and fast to use, we use CA UIM for database, infrastructure and application monitoring
- CA UIM Solution is very easy and fast to use, it offers both agent-base and agent less monitoring options. UIM have lots of monitoring options that help us to manage our Enterprise heterogeneous monitoring demand.
- Database monitoring - helps us with monitoring critical database instances. We have many different databases from various vendors -- Oracle, SQL, Sybase -- and UIM helps us with managing all of them in one place.
- Infrastructure monitoring - Helps us to manage the data center, critical Ci's and v Center.
- Application monitoring probes - we are using Middleware application probes for monitoring critical apps.
Improvements to My Organization
It helps us to monitor critical servers, applications services, etc. We have many databases, hundreds of probes, and thousands of applications. This tool helps us manage all these and gives us insight into what's going on in our infrastructure.
Room for Improvement
There are several areas for improvement, among them are --
- Reporting capability - We're unable to drill down to the specific data that we'd like. We're also not able to get some data, such as trends, that we want when trying to determine root causes of issues in our applications. This is particularly frustrating because we have so many applications that we use and depend on that we need to know with some certainty what the issues are affecting them.
- End-to-end application monitoring probes function - We're quite large with over 500 probes, and there's no ability in UIM to monitor all of them through our many, many applications. We're relying too much on middleware applications to do this.
There was no issue with the deployment.
There has been no issue with the stability.
There have been no issues scaling it.
Customer Service and Technical Support
8/10 Technical Support
I've used them many times, and they were OK.
It's very easy to implement and use. If you want to onboard devices and applications, it's just drag-and-drop. Very user friendly.
It has helped us cut manual efforts and reduced manpower. It's helped us with automation. ROI 50%.
Other Solutions Considered
This is very good product for monitoring as it has lots of functionalities and probes.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Nagios, SolarWinds and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.