eG Enterprise Review
Using the product, we can pinpoint what the exact problem is

How has it helped my organization?

The reason we are using this product is because instead of trying to chase down who is causing the problem, for example:

• Is it a networking issue?
  • Is it a software issue?
  • Is it a hardware issue?

Using the product, we can pinpoint what the exact problem is:

• If it is a network issue, we can go directly to the networking team with the information that we have.
  • If it is a software issue, we can go over to the application team, and say listen, it looks like your application is using X amount of RAM and it is causing a burden on the hardware.
  • If it's a hardware issue, we get alerts saying that there is a problem with the hardware and we can bring it over to the hardware team.

So, there is less finger pointing and more problems getting resolved quicker.

What is most valuable?

The ability to see what the end user response is, so I can get a better understanding of what the end user is seeing when they connect to the Citrix servers.

What needs improvement?

Their dashboards could use some improvement. The ability to customize them a bit more. Sometimes, you can't get certain features or things that you want in the dashboard, because they do not exist yet. It's a small piece, but that is one piece that could use improvement.

The dashboards are user-friendly, but you are limited in what you can put on them. So if they could be more customizable, they would be a bit better, but I love the dashboards. In fact, I have lots of people using the dashboards.

It is very stable. If there are issues, I call them up and they fix them right away.

We have thousands of users and have not had issues.

The support is fantastic. It is one of the best supports for a product that we have as an outside product.

The support staff has never been a problem. We have always had top-notch people which have helped us with every piece of the implementation and design.

eG was the first one of this solution to come in.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The vendor team helped us with the setup. They were right there with us holding our hands the entire way. They could not have made it any easier.

It is not expensive.

It was referred to us from somebody in the industry that I worked with for many years. He was like, "You've got to look at this product."

We were having a specific issue. He said, "Take a look at the product." I looked at the product, and it did exactly what he said it does.

What other advice do I have?

Absolutely choose it. It is a great company. They are always available. Even the top people in the company are always willing to answer your questions, even the CEO. I have met him several times, and he is very responsive and open to suggestions.