Fortinet FortiManager Review

Easy to use, reliable centralized management, with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is the management of firewalls.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the centralized management of the firewalls. By unifying the deployment process of the policies among many of the firewalls, or virtual domains that you have, and it is very easy to install and use.

What needs improvement?

The user interface itself has areas that need improvement.

It would be very useful if they come up with a feature or a process that makes the transition of the interfaces between virtual domains easier. It's a difficult process to transfer one interface from one virtual domain to another.

I have been working with Fortinet FortiManager for a few years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a very good solution. It's a stable and reliable product.

It's a very scalable solution. It has been designed for a large environment.

The concept of using a FortiManager is when you have a scalable modular infrastructure and several firewalls or Fortinet devices that you want to manage in a centralized environment.

We have three people using this solution and they are infrastructure engineers.

In our type of business, there is no plan or place for more expansion or improvement as we have a certain set of business services. The firewall is protecting our network and Fortinet devices are very limited in our company.

In our business, we cannot see a future for improving or expanding the use of FortiManager for some time.

The Fortinet technical support is very good. It's a good team.

Previously, we did not use a different solution.

The initial setup is easy and took less than an hour to deploy.

I did not use a vendor. I did it myself.

We are not yet at a point where we can see a return of investment. It's going to take some time for our new project, which is still in the deployment process, to start paying back the investment.

The licensing costs depend on how many devices you want to use. It's based on the licensing model and the number of devices you add to the system.

The more devices you add to FortiManager, the more you need to pay.

I am not aware of any additional costs.

We did not evaluate other options as we already had FortiGate devices. FortiManager was the only option.

What other advice do I have?

You have to plan everything with very specific details before deploying the FortiManager, otherwise, it will be complex.

More Fortinet FortiManager reviews from users