Google App Engine Review

Ability to test before deployment and security authorization are key features

What is our primary use case?

This solution is a model for us right now, and I'm using it with my classmates. We are resellers. I'm currently a Masters student and teaching assistant.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in the solution is basically the security where you're required to use the AIP to initialize the accessibility process. It means that unauthorized individuals are unable to access certain applications. Mostly it is based on the workplace environment. Testing deployments is also a valuable feature as it enables you to test your app before you deploy on cloud.

What needs improvement?

Everything so far has gone smoothly, I've never had a struggle with the solution.

In terms of product improvement, when it comes to billing, I think they should include something that would give the client or user an indication of what's happening so they can be aware of how pricing is being managed.

I've been using this solution for the past few months.

It's a stable solution.

I think it's a scalable solution. because basically you can add the amount of storage you want. When it comes to bugs, mostly there are no errors. It has happened, but rarely although I do think a little bit of improvement could be made in that area.

Initial installation is very straightforward, it takes no more than 45 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is cheaper and more efficient compared to other similar solutions with cloud vendors.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Google App Engine reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, Amazon and others in Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS Clouds). Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.