Heroku Review

Good pricing, highly scalable, very easy to set up, and allows us to focus on the functionality that we need and takes care of everything else

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it to deploy the production, development, and staging environments. Its version depends on our clients' needs. Usually, it is a customized system that needs to be scaled.

How has it helped my organization?

For a client, we pay for one computer for running the application. When we have to generate their bills, we scale up to 100 computers, and we are able to generate three million bills in five minutes. Before using Heroku, it took them 10 hours to generate these three million bills.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to deploy applications, and we don't need to bother about software updates on the server. We don't need to bother about machines, servers, and hardware. We only need to care about the system and functionality that we need or want to develop. They take care of everything else. It provides high availability.

It is a pretty good solution that provides everything that we need. It has everything that we need to run our applications. We have many different applications, and we generate three million bills for a company in Brazil. We see more than a billion requests per day in another application. Everything works just fine, and it is very good.

What needs improvement?

Their support is good, but they can improve their response time.

We are a partner of Heroku since 2009.

Its stability is very good. In the last few years, we had only one problem with stability where we couldn't log in to their administrative control panel, but it did not impact the running of the application.

Its scalability is very good.

We don't need to talk to them a lot. Five years ago, we needed their help because we had a memory issue with an application, and they helped by email. The response was very good, but it was not as much on-time as phone support. Their support has improved since they have been acquired by Salesforce.

It is very easy to set up. You have the application up and running with just two commands. It takes 20 seconds. That's why Heroku is very good.

Its price is very good.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use Heroku and all of its functionalities, you need to understand how to develop an application to run it in the cloud.

I would rate Heroku a ten out of ten. It is a good tool.

Other
More Heroku reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Heroku, Microsoft, Google and others in PaaS Clouds. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.