HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

Stable solution for infrastructure as a service.

What is most valuable?

Stability is the most important feature. We use it for the infrastructure as a service. We need stable service.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more standardized management. In the past, there was a lot of mixture between the software and the hardware features.

It is stable and has been for many years. We have used HPE for three or four years and we don't have a lot of complaints.

We buy the biggest one each time and we multiply it by two every year. We need a lot of them. We set them up in clusters close to us, so there are no scalability issues.

I have used technical support, but primarily with warranty questions. We have no issues with technical support at all.

I was involved in the installation. It was straightforward and not complex.

We looked at Dell, Lenovo, and IBM.

What other advice do I have?

We do a mini competition a few times a year and we buy a lot of servers. This is needed in the Netherlands. We started to use HPE.

We are looking for basic functionality and see if the solution conforms with open standards.

When choosing a product, price is an issue. If two products have the same specifications, then we have to choose the one with the lowest price.

My advice is to decide if you want a cheap and bad server, or if you want a stable and good server.