HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

What is most valuable?

• They're incredibly reliable and we have no issues running them.
  • We rely on the central management because we have a lot of remote locations where we have only limited IT staff.
  • We only need to upgrade every five to six years.
  • We can buy hardware from any vendor that will work with these servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Not only are they reliable, but the management interface is also great for us. Also, HP's support team knows the drivers of our system, so we can rely on them. We're confident that HP will deliver the latest drivers for the DL series to allow us to run the latest Microsoft applications.

We run many apps on it, such as MS Exchange, test development systems, and SQL servers. For development, we run RHEL.

What needs improvement?

There's always room for improvement somewhere.

I personally used HP servers since I entered the IT game back in '97, and then still continue to use HP servers in different companies.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We're very satisfied with the stability.

We have about 1,600 users worldwide. We have 2 ProLiant servers running all our EMEA and Asia mailboxes.

The technical support from HP is one of the reasons why we're still running HP ProLiant. Anytime we have a technical issue such as a hardware exchange, we just call HP and they take care of it.

What other advice do I have?

The DL series it's quite easy to use. It's a commodity product and you can buy it at any reseller. If you have any technical reliability issues with other vendors, switch to the DL series.