ITRS Geneos Review

It has given us the ability to act proactively to identify malfunctioning applications and services. It would be useful to restrict the way to apply some conditions.

What is most valuable?

We're able to highly customize the integration of custom developed monitoring samplers.

How has it helped my organization?

After developing of a lot of custom samplers integrated with our software, it gave us the opportunity to act proactively to identify malfunctioning applications and services. This allowed us to minimize the business impact when we had network issues.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of functionality within the product that can be implemented in many different ways. It would be useful to restrict the way to apply some conditions and for it to have more out of the box rules. It would also be nice if it offered more flexibility and the possibility to aggregate data.

I've used 2011.2.1 (Gateway version) and ga-3.0.22 (NetProbe version) for about three years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We had no issues with the performance.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

They're very good and are always available to help us with the implementation of new solutions.

Not at the customer where I’m working at the moment.

I didn’t configure it myself during the initial setup. However, I did try it on my own in a virtual environment and I can say it was very simple to install.

It was implemented in-house.

What other advice do I have?

It’s very easy to install and setup, offers high scalability, and has a low resource use.

More ITRS Geneos reviews from users