ITRS Geneos Review

Switching over to Geneos eliminated manual effort. There's a steep learning curve.

Improvements to My Organization

When I was a tech support lead, four of our evening pre-batch checks involved stats on our server estate. It took roughly 15 minutes each evening to log into each server, check server disk space, check for particular errors related to market data. Switching over to using a Geneos dashboard, we completely eliminated all manual effort and it was a huge time saver.

Valuable Features

The following features of the product are the most valuable to me:

• Ability to see in real time the state of our server estate.
  • Ability to monitor logs for potential issues to prevent app outages before problems get a chance to arise. That's invaluable for our teams in a fast-paced trading environment.

Room for Improvement

I think there's a very steep learning curve with the product. It's very easy to view and use the dashboards, but difficult to initially set up. I think setting up the dashboards could be more intuitive. I think I (and the rest of my team) could benefit from improved online tutorials.

I think it could provide more out of the box - I know many teams here use it to monitor windows infrastructure. We all look at the same things - CPU, disk space, paging stats, service status with RAG status on each. That could be provided straight out, saving significant time.

More ITRS Geneos reviews from users