JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Review

Every module has some particular value depending on who the type of user is.

Valuable Features

Every single module has some particular value depending on who the type of user is. For example, the Address Book is a master data feature. It offers a lot of different types of credits and collections. It allows you to hone in on the credit holds, allows you to be specific if you need some customer statements, or provides reminder letters. It allows you different cross-language functionality, which we need across the different countries that we're in. It allows you to have different payment terms. It has this Address Book by line of business, so that if you had multiple business units, you could hone in on each credit and collection based upon each business unit specific, while using the same, single customer.

Improvements to My Organization

The product is pretty spot on. The nicest feature that I love about Address Book, and just JD Edwards in general, is that it always gives you an inquiry screen before you actually add an order entry, and it always allows you. But before you delete something, it always questions you, "Are you sure you really want to do this?" No matter what version you're in, it always asks you that -- tried and true.

Room for Improvement

There's a lot of patches and bugs that come along when you're doing your upgrade that were not found or hidden during the user-acceptance testing. So now there's a lot of base lines that have to be applied, so that's rather disappointing.

Use of Solution

We've been on JD Edwards for a while now. It was on our previous platform, and it was used by most of our regions, so this was decided back in 2008.

We've had no issues with deployment.

I just went live with an upgrade, so it's not stable. We have tons of disconnects. We just went up on the Oracle Cloud, and it has horrendous stability, with internet browser issues, compatibility issues, and we're trying to determine if it is on the network side of my local network or is it on the Oracle side.

We're still investigating whether it will scale. We've only been live for six weeks, so it's a critical product that's being highly reviewed. But we're taking it one step at a time.

If it's critical and we keep raising it, as long as there's a ticket, technical support will respond to us. Even if we go to the top of Oracle, they still need a ticket. Then they'll double-check your work, and so they really want it to be specific before they'll actually proceed with anything else.

The initial setup is complex because you're going up on the cloud. Coming from where we were before to where we are now took us about two-and-a-half years.

Other Advice

I'd encourage others to use it, but I've been using JD Edwards for a very long time. Others would choose an SAP product over this because they over a full-blown solution. If your data isn't aligned and you don't have all the garbage taken out, you're going to end up with the same bad system you had before you implemented it.