ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Easy to configure SLAs and generate reports

What is our primary use case?

We have an application that we support. Any challenge that we find in the application we report in ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and then we get it resolved by escalating to the vendor where necessary (The vendor manages the system infrastructure.)

How has it helped my organization?

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus has improved the IT standards with regards to the adherence of Service Level Agreements with the vendor. It's enabled the organization keep track of major incidents which affected the operations of the organization while measuring the performance of the vendor.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable are the reporting module and how we configure the SLA.

Also, ManageEngine is flexible and user-friendly. Creating a ticket is quite easy. So is configuring SLAs and generating reports. It is straightforward to use.

What needs improvement?

I think the knowledge base management component could be improved a little bit.

Compared to other ITSM tools, ServiceDesk will have to step up their knowledge base tools. If they could make it open enough to be integrated with other applications or other systems it would be very useful.

I have been using ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for nine years.

It's the core reporting tool (for incidents and problems) for the organization that I am with.

In terms of the stability, the application is much more dependent on our availability of our network.

We are looking at options; whether to procure the new versions of ManageEngine or to look at other products like System Center Service Manager or ServiceNow and the rest. We haven't been able to scale to the newer versions. We've been using just the same version for so many years.

We are now looking at testing and reviewing other products out there before we actually do the procurement.

Our workforce is more than five thousand (5000+).

As I said earlier, it is the vendor that manages the infrastructure and we are trying to change that. Going forward, the deployment as well as the infrastructure would be championed by our organization.

We maintained three (3) levels of support for incident escalations. The second (technical support) and third levels (application/database) of support were provided by vendor. That came with its challenges.

The initial setup wasn't complex; we contracted a vendor for the setup.

We implemented through a vendor.

Level of expertise rating:

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being excellent), I would rate them 7.

What other advice do I have?

Because I haven't been fortunate to see the upgrades of ManageEngine, I can only speak to what I already know, and that is, if there is any ITSM tool that I would want to use for any IT company I would definitely recommend ManageEngine, but that is what I'm used to.

Even though I haven't been able to test other products and I've used a very old version of ManageEngine, I still think it met our requirements and that it has everything that we need to work as an IT department. I'd definitely recommend ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus an eight.

More ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus reviews from users