ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

A Valuable Customer Service Managment Solution for Companies of Scale

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus is to service our internal employees with in our company. We're continually optimizing this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped a lot by freeing up valuable time, allowing the IT personnel to work on other more critical areas, key projects, and perform their fundamental job requirements on time without interruption.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ticketing system and ticket handling features. I place a lot of value in our solutions centers. The solutions center functions as a troubleshooting hub as well as a problem-solving assistant. Finally, the remote desktop support service is of great value as they are very prompt and efficient.

What needs improvement?

When I think of improvements the first thing that comes to mind would have to be the active management function. I have encountered some bugs with this aspect of the tool. I wouldn't necessarily identify these issues as bugs, they're more like processes issues associated with the scanning assets; the process could be improved.

The solution is quite stable. No issues so far. In reference to the downtime, we're hosting on our client's premises.

The only thing I would change regarding the scalability would have to be the capacity. We need to use a different database to manage more than 1,000 employees.

Technical support has been very good. They respond on the same day, and if the issue persists they are agile and responsive in their dealings concerning ongoing support. For example, they offer remote assistance; they can debug the issue remotely.

We didn't have a previous solution. Before this, we used traditional email messaging and placing phone calls. When our user base increased significantly we started to think about investing in ticketing, or a service desk management solution.

We evaluated other providers. We had a short list which included SysAid, and Freshservice.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a solid 7.5 out of ten since the tool comes with different modules. Albeit some of these modules, including exit management module, need some improvements. But regarding the ticketing as a stand-alone, it's pretty good. But the other modules need improvement.

I recommend this tool for anyone thinking of implementing enterprise IT management software for their service management, operations management, active directory, and security needs. The tool offers the ability to manage different employee groups along with the option of providing other services for different company structures.