ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

A great ticketing solution that offers excellent reporting and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for asset management and for ticketing. We use it as a support solution.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows you to solve certain problems by categorizing the technicality of the problem and to prioritize critical issues. The solution can provide an overview to show which issues are cropping up the most in order to ensure the most important issues are dealt with expediently. It's saved us a lot of time and effort.

What is most valuable?

The reporting feature of the solution is very good for asset management and also for the performance of our organization.

When somebody wants to follow up with a problem from the past, the solution makes it easy. It keeps everything in one system and updated. It even has a calendar, and a backup available on the application.

What needs improvement?

At first, the interface is not so easy to use and it's a bit complicated, but you do get used to it over time.

We should be able to monitor the performance of assets, not only documents. For example, printers. We should be able to monitor ink levels and get notifications when the ink is low. In another operation manager I use, they send me a notification when the device is off or has something to perform. This is a great feature. I'd like to see things like that added to the solution.

I've been using the solution for less than a year.

The solution is pretty stable.

The solution is scalable. So far, we've scaled up to 500 users, and we plan to scale up even more over time.

Technical support is very responsive. During some updates, we had a few small issues and they fixed them for us.

We did not previously use a different solution. We used to use an excel spreadsheet to manually track issues.

The implementation was straightforward. However, they provide a manual that's very big and you have to go through everything by yourself to get used to it. Once you absorb the information it's fine and it's not so complicated. You just need two or three people to deploy the solution.

We deployed the solution ourselves.

We have yet to see an ROI because we are just a new business, but we do expect to see it in the future.

We are on a yearly subscription and use the on-premises deployment model of the solution.

For our 500 assets that are using the professional version of the solution, we pay somewhere between $4,000 and $5,000 per year.

We don't pay any costs beyond the standard licensing fee. You might add on if you have more assets, for example, an operation number. They do have features where you might need to add extra fees above your standard cost.

We did not evaluate other options. I used this very solution about ten years ago at another company and returned to it because I liked its functionality.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those adopting the solution document their configuration because it makes it easier.

I would rate the solution 8.5 out of ten. With a simpler configuration, I would rate it a bit higher.