Microsoft PowerApps Review

Easy to set up and low-code allows for fast development, but the navigation needs to be simplified

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are low-code and fast development.

Microsoft is evolving constantly.

What needs improvement?

PowerApps is still a bit new compared to a slightly more mature product such as OutSystems.

OutSystems has many features that are still not available in Power Apps.

Simple things like navigation are better with Outsystem without much coding.

The key is the licensing; the fees could be reduced, especially at the enterprise level.

I would like to have more usability, with more fanciful navigation. More like what you would find in Outsystems BI. They offer more drag and drop navigation, and more advanced navigational options around the drag and drop lists and hierarchical navigation out of the box is literally a drag and a drop.

It can be done in Power Apps, but you need to do a bit of coding to achieve the same thing. It's lacking in features.

We are in the evaluation phase and have been using PowerApps for three months.

We are using the latest version of this solution.

To be fair, we are relatively new to this solution. It's stable but at the moment in terms of stability, the enterprise version is more sustainable.

The version that I am using is not at an enterprise level. If you want to increase in size you have to purchase more licenses. It's scalable as long as you purchase the license.

We have more than 100 users in our organization.

I have not contacted technical support. We haven't had the need to.

I am currently working with Microsoft Power BI and Power Automate, which goes hand in hand with Microsoft Power Apps.

The initial setup is quite easy, it's as simple as turning it on.

It took us two weeks to deploy it and to come out with the first prototype.

The licensing fee at the enterprise level is expensive.

We are currently doing a proof of concept with Microsoft, we are evaluating some of their products.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Microsoft Power Apps to anyone who is interested in using it.

As of recent Microsoft has been evolving the Power Platform rather aggressively.

For example, I'm using Power BI, and every month they have a rollout of new features, and with Power Apps, when you compare to one year ago has evolved quite a bit, and so has Power Automate.

Microsoft is on a journey of evolving.

It's a good tool now, but it will be a great tool soon.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure

20.10
More Microsoft PowerApps reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with OutSystems
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft PowerApps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.