Microsoft PowerApps Review

Easily connects to data services and is good for presenting POCs to clients

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for developing Proof of concepts and for preparing some use cases to present or to showcase them to the customers. Nothing related to production. It's only for presentations and for showing the merchandise to the customers.

The deployment model we are using is cloud-based.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is easily connecting to data services.

I can have a SharePoint list and connect with users through PowerApps to present the information.

I am also able to connect with Microsoft Flow, which allows me to connect with different people to email and update items in Sharepoint.

What needs improvement?

The editor in the Web browser could be improved because it can be difficult to implement the commands in the buttons.

In the next release, I would like to see Microsoft PowerApps be more integrated with Microsoft Teams or SharePoint and with different applications.

When I configure PowerApps in Sharepoint it appears that it is not integrated with the page.

When it is configured it looks like it is a different application.

I have been using this solution for six months.

This solution is stable.

I have not contacted technical support because I haven't needed to.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward.

It took approximately two days, but it depends on what features have to be implemented.

I maintain this solution myself, and it only requires one person for maintenance.

We did not use a vendor to implement this solution. I did everything myself.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to create a master screen for items like layouts and all of the typography that you may have in your application.

Create a master screen widget. The rest of the screen will have, for example, settings for the layout that will refer to these objects in the master screen settings. Mainly for editing.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.