Microsoft Windows Server Update Services Review

Enables us to automatically install security patches without an internet connection

What is our primary use case?

We use the on premises version.

How has it helped my organization?

With WSUS, you can automatically install and distribute Microsoft security patches without using an internet connection for all clients and servers. It is not difficult to understand how it works and I think it's a very nice tool.

What is most valuable?

I think there is no other product on the market that is so easy to implement and use.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft should improve their support for the product. A lot of guys are installing their products, especially Xero. If you have a real problem, though, it's quite difficult to find someone who you can support you.

I think Microsoft should develop its ReFS volumes in a little bit more detail. Also, I wish they would demystify their updates scenarios, like patching and updating the system.

The product is stable.

I think most installation scenarios are brought in with the system for the customer, so the scalability is good enough. However, especially with the hypervisor, they could develop the products a little bit more.

I only use Microsoft products. I have it for federal use and I think you have no option to do this with another vendor. Also, there are no other vendors who support so many applications and scenarios.

It's quite easy to install.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as eight of ten.