MicroStrategy Review

Visually appealing, easy to use, stable, and has a great ETL tool

What is our primary use case?

It can be used for various things. We are currently using it for executive dashboarding, critical success factors, and business monitoring. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and visually very appealing. One thing that sets it apart is that it has got a great ETL tool. As compared to some of the other solutions, it is much easier to process data from other applications in MicroStrategy. That's why we prefer using it.

What needs improvement?

Its price should be lower. In terms of features, what we have is quite encompassing right now.

I have been using this solution for about four or five years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have five users of this solution in our organization. There are about two or three people who are responsible not only for maintenance but also for the enhancement of the reports and other things.

Their technical support is very nice.

We have used other products.

It is expensive. We would like to extend it to many users, but we are currently restricting that because the cost is a constraint. If we are given a chance, we would love to expand it.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. We plan to keep using it.

I would rate MicroStrategy an eight out of ten.

More MicroStrategy reviews from users
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about MicroStrategy. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.