Microstrategy logo 80x80

MicroStrategy Review
February 2012 Magic Quadrant report - Biggest MicroStrategy Misconception

That's one of the biggest misconceptions for any potential MicroStrategy implementation.
Business now a days stack it against tableau,spotfire, SSIS,QlikView and other 'newer' tools (previously they used to compare against Cognos, BO,Actuate,SAS BI )..and all in all no one comes closer to return-on-investment when compared to MicroStrategy.

Yes, initial setup cost and resource cost may be higher than most but you will get most of what you will spend. And in most organizations MicroStrategy is rolled as an shared platform which ultimately reduces 'actual cost' for any new project using MicroStrategy as solution.
In other words, which BI platform will give you cube,mobile,clustering,scalability,object re-usability , detailed SDK with one of most power SQL engine ?

2 visitors found this review helpful
Cristianescalante li?1414331881Anonymous avatar x30

2 Comments

Picture 1467 1364040686b
Alin RaduReal UserPOPULARLEADERBOARD

Yes, you are right. I don't think there is other BI platform that has all those features.

Like (0)28 July 13
Anonymous avatar x30
Keith BreedloveConsultant

I've followed MicroStrategy for nearly 20 years as an intelligence analysis system integrator for the Federal government. As an analyst, a major strength of MicroStrategy is that when I pull an analytical thread and start to follow it I don't have to worry about falling into the "white space" between cubes and waiting for the IT shop to build another cube to answer my question (if I even remember what it was by the time they get back to me). This advantage is huge, and usually overlooked when decisions are made about the tool to procure. A second major strength is the single metadata database that supports the analysts as well as the administrators seamlessly. Add the additional usability features that comes with building a product from the ground up over a period of 20 years and you have a fantastic product. Granted, learning it can be intimidating and complex, but the same can be said about using the esoteric features of MS Excel. But, the product and its applications can be learned and placed into the hands of a company's major asset, its analysts.

Like (0)06 June 14
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About MicroStrategy?

Our experts can help. 222,390 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.